Plexxus Presents on ICD Procurement Project at Rotman School of Management
On November 6th, Plexxus’ CEO, David Yundt and Chief Procurement Officer & VP of Customer Relationship Management, Andrea Englert-Rygus, presented at the Rotman School of Management’s “Life Sciences Link and Learn Series” in the Procurement & Innovation Session. David and Andrea were accompanied by 5 panelists including:
- Andrew C. T. Ha, Cardiac Electrophysiologist, UHN; Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Graham Woodward, Senior Vice President, CorHealth Ontario
- Dov Klein, Senior Director, Consulting and Deals, PwC Canada
- Kaveh Katebian, Partner & Healthcare Economist, Beaconsfield Group
- Jovan Matic, Director, Supply Chain Modernization Branch, Ministry of Health
The event was a great success, with approximately 70 attendees!
Their session focused on how to transform the healthcare supply chain and unpacked Ontario’s first provincial value-based cardiac procurement led by Plexxus. The group discussed how to scope and execute a value-based procurement at scale, using specific techniques (e.g. total lifecycle cost analysis, strategic partnerships, and patient engagement) through the lens of Plexxus’ provincial procurement of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac re synchronization therapy devices for all of Ontario’s ICD Implanting Centres. Through a panel discussion, they pulled on the perspectives of various stakeholders who participated in this process, with a focus on practical methods that helped break down barriers to integrating varied stakeholders to ultimately benefit patients, hospitals and the broader health system.